DESCRIPTION: Bridge Replacement
- CLASSIFICATION: Community Arterial
- LIMITS: Pocusset Drive toAlger Street
- LENGTH: 466’ total length; 274’ main span (ExistingBridge)
- WIDTH: 30’ of roadway curb to curb; two 6’7” sidewalks (Existing Bridge)
- LOCATION: City of Pittsburgh, Squirrel Hill Area spanning I-376 (Parkway East) near Squirrel Hill Tunnels (See Map).
SCOPE OF WORK:
Originally constructed circa 1921, inspection and analysis of the structure has indicated the bridge needs to be replaced. The bridge location and architecture suggest a context sensitive design and coordination with PennDOT for I-376 traffic impacts. It is anticipated that pedestrian, cyclist and vehicular traffic will be rerouted for the full duration of the work.
STATUS: Preliminary Engineering underway.
FALL 2012 – Start Final Design.
SPRING 2015 – Complete Final Design.
OCTOBER 2015– Begin Demolition/Construction.
MAY 2017 – Anticipated Completion.
CITY PROJECT MANAGER – Chuck McClain, P.E. Charles.McClain@pittsburghpa.gov
DESIGN CONSULTANT – HDR Engineering